NRL & Associates, Inc. is an ultra-precision machine, fabrication, and assembly shop located in Stevensville, Maryland. Founded in 1986, NRL has served a vast array of industries ranging from defense to amusement and many more. NRL is an ISO 9001 certified company and we also have our Federal Firearms License.
In 2015, we moved into a brand new facility that’s double the size of the last building and is climate controlled. NRL is expanding at a rapid speed and show’s little sign of slowing down. Now all we need is a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team! This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturer committed to providing excellence within the industry and valuable on-the-job training!
Overview of the position:
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for keeping NRL’s plant and equipment clean, in good working order, and in accordance with NRL standard operating procedures.
Primary duties of the position:
- Understand NRL contracts and warranties pertaining to the plant’s rented spaces, utilities, HVAC, machinery, and equipment in order to maintain the facility or plan repairs
- Serve as the point of contact for service reps, riggers, electricians, etc., and review invoices after service is performed to ensure proper payment
- Prevent breakdowns by inspecting and performing preventative maintenance and minor repairs to machinery (oiling, greasing, and cleaning equipment), and completing major overhauls and modifications on equipment
- Trouble shoot and repair all equipment, and keep records to show when and how equipment was worked on
- Assist with ordering supplies/parts needed to maintain the plant and equipment
- Responsible for safe walkways inside and outside of building, parking lot, and general building maintenance that our landlord is not responsible.
The basic qualifications for the position are:
- Must have technical, mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Must have communication and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work without continual supervision
- Must have time management skills to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Must be somewhat familiar with CNC Machines and other manufacturing equipment
- Must have basic math and reading skills
Education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent