NRL & Associates, Inc. is an ultra-precision machine, fabrication, and assembly shop located in Stevensville, Maryland. Founded in 1986, NRL serves a vast array of industries ranging from defense to amusement and many more. NRL is an ISO 9001 certified company and we also have our Federal Firearms License (FFL).
In 2015, we moved into a brand-new, climate-controlled facility. NRL is expanding at a rapid speed and shows little sign of slowing down. Now all we need are experienced Setup Operators to join our team! This is a great opportunity to join a growing manufacturer committed to providing excellence within the industry while being a great place to work!
Overview of the position:
Setup operators are primarily responsible for setting up CNC machines for parts to run. All jobs, whether new or repeat, need to be set up in the machine, which requires changing tools, loading programs, and setting up fixtures to hold the material.
Primary duties of the position:
- Read and interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Run and operate CNC mills and lathes
- Inspect parts to the print
- Load and unload parts and programs into the machine
- Monitor machine for issues and make adjustments as needed
- Setup machines for new jobs based off of the drawing and tool list
- Change tooling, fixtures, inserts, etc.
- Run the first piece and ensure setup was done correctly
- Instruct machine operators on how to run the part
The basic qualifications for the position are:
- Must have understanding of basic math
- Must be alert, careful, accurate and show good judgment
- Must have mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
- Must have ability to understand and interpret customer blueprints
- Must have the ability to use precision measurement tools
- Must have the ability to perform repeat jobs with little supervision
- Must have the ability to understand machine technology and terminology
Education and experience requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in a CNC Machining role that provides an understanding of the equipment and how to setup CNC machines